Last updated on January 09th, 2022
Monaco is known across the world for being one of the chicest places to stay on the French Riviera. The standard of accommodation is incredibly high, but we think the Hôtel de Paris and Hôtel Hermitage are two of the best hotels in Monte Carlo.
We’ve also compiled a more extensive collection of our favourites below. Browse this list to find the best 5 star hotels on the beach, near the Casino, those which have a spa, and those which are closest to Monaco. Check also: best areas to stay in Monte Carlo Monaco.
Quick Overview – Contents
- The Best Hotels in Monaco
- Best Hotel with Spa & Pool
- Best Hotel on the Beach
- Best Cheap/Affordable Hotel
- Best Hotels outside Monaco
- Best Value Hotels in Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Top Hotels near Musée océanographique de Monaco
- Top Hotels near Casino de Monte Carlo
- Best Hotels near Monte-Carlo Masters Tennis
Best Area to Stay in Monaco For First Time Visit ?
Port Hercule Marina in La Condamine is nestled in a bay at the foot of Monaco’s cliffs. The sweeping views and abundance of restaurants, make this an excellent spot for first-time visitors. Monte Carlo itself with its many cultural attractions, fascinating history and azure seas is another great place to start.
What is the most expensive hotel in Monaco ?
For a premium experience, it’s hard to beat the charms of the 19th century Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo, the city’s most expensive retreat and one of the few with a wine cellar. Each room is uniquely styled and guests are invited to the in-house piano bar or two other restaurants for dining.
What are The Best Hotels in Monaco ?
3. Port Palace
6. Novotel Monte-Carlo – Good Value / Affordable
What’s the Best Hotel with Spa & Pool ?
What’s the Best Beach Hotel in Monaco ?
What’s the Best Cheap or Affordable Hotel in Monte Carlo Monaco ?
What are the Best Hotels just Outside Monaco ?
1. Hotel Cap Estel – Èze
2. Monte-Carlo Beach – Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
3. La Chèvre d’Or – Èze
4. Chateau Eza – Èze
5. La Réserve de Beaulieu Hôtel & Spa – Beaulieu-sur-Mer
6. Les Terrasses d’Eze – Hôtel & Spa – Èze
7. Hotel Carlton – Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Best Value Hotels in Monte Carlo Monaco
Monaco is an incredibly picturesque destination that is compact enough to explore on a city break or a longer holiday. The beautiful Larvotto Beach has pristine waters and a bed of tiny pebbles to relax on, but more active travellers will appreciate the vast number of water sports on offer, from windsurfing to jet skis. Fans of motorsport will be tempted by a visit to the famous Formula One Monaco Grand Prix, but there is also a stunning opera house and many casinos to explore. Further into town, Monte Carlo is a haven for shoppers offering a wealth designer stores, including Hermes, Chanel and Balenciaga.
Good Value Accommodation
- Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo – Luxury
- Novotel Monte-Carlo – Good Value / Affordable
- Hôtel de France – Affordable
- Ambassador-Monaco – Affordable
What’s the Top Accommodation in Musée océanographique de Monaco Area ?
Founded over 100 years ago and perched on a rock face looking out to sea, the Oceanographic Museum has over 6,000 exhibits for visitors to discover. Along with the carefully curated museum, which displays curios and marine specimens, there are a series of aquariums revealing life below the Mediterranean and tropical oceans.
Finest Hotels in Musée Océanographique area
- Port Palace – Great Value
- Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte De Monaco – Cap-d’Ail Marina
- Hôtel Columbus Monte Carlo – Affordable
What are the Top Hotels near Casino de Monte-Carlo ?
Welcoming everyone from seasoned players to complete newcomers, the Casino de Monte-Carlo is open for general visitors between 10am and 1pm, but games of blackjack, French roulette, poker Texas and more, begin later at 2pm. The elegant building is lit inside by the soft glow of chandeliers, making the experience even more memorable.
Outstanding Hotels near Casino de Monte-Carlo
- Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo – Top Luxury
- Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo – Luxury
- Fairmont Monte Carlo – Top Views
What are the Best Properties near Monte-Carlo Masters Tennis ?
The Monte Carlo Masters Tennis is a men’s tournament which always attracts the world’s star players. Launched in 1990 it is a clay court and makes up part of the ATP World Tour Masters 1000. As the event is housed in the Monte Carlo Country Club, spectators enjoy panoramic views of the ocean and a range of luxury dining options.
Best Hotels near Monte-Carlo Masters Tennis
- Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort – Luxury
- Monte-Carlo Beach – Top Luxury
- Le Méridien Beach Plaza – Private Beach