Last updated on January 09th, 2022
From 5-star luxury resorts to charming boutique beauties, Sardinia is home to a wide selection of hotels only paralleled in beauty by the island’s breathtaking coastline. You’ll be able to experience life like a Hollywood star, laying by the pool being waited on by the attentive staff at the island’s luxury hotels.
Or, you can truly immersive yourself in the culture, and live like a local staying a beautiful boutique hotel. Here are our top tips for the best hotels in Sardinia Italy.
What is Sardinia Known For ?
Sardinia is mainly known for its stunning natural beauty. The pristine beaches are award-winning, and at each of the unique coasts, the water is clear, blue and calm and ideal fro swimming and water sports. You can enjoy hidden coves and so much history, from churches to castles and ancient stone walls. If you’re lucky,you may even get to witness a traditional folk dance.
What is the best hotel in Sardinia ?
In our opinion,it has to be La Villa del Re. Who can say no to adults only for a romantic couples break? Although all the hotels listed offer great facilities, you’ll truly have everything you need to relax here and return feeling refreshed. The private beach wins it for us, along with the beds that are just to die for.
What are The Best (Luxury) Hotels in Sardinia ?
1. La Villa del Re – Adults Only – Castiadas
2. Petra Segreta Resort & Spa – San Pantaleo
3. Cala Di Volpe, a Luxury Collection Hotel – Porto Cervo
4. Pitrizza, a Luxury Collection Hotel – Porto Cervo
5. Palazzo Doglio – Cagliari
6. CPH | Pevero Hotel – Porto Cervo
7. Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna – Villasimius
8. Cervo Hotel,Costa Smeralda Resort – Porto Cervo
9. Chia Laguna – Hotel Laguna – Chia
10. thelocal Hotels – Porto Rotondo
11. Hotel Corte Bianca – Bovis Hotels – Adults Only – Cardedu
12. Jazz Hotel – Olbia
What are The Best Boutique Hotels in Sardinia ?
1. Faro Capo Spartivento – Chia
2. Villa Las Tronas Hotel & SPA – Alghero
3. Hotel Villa Fanny – Cagliari
4. Marina Harbour Guest house & Lounge – Cagliari
5. Teku Sardinia Boutique Hotel – Bari Sardo
6. Hotel Li Finistreddi – Cannigione
7. Sandalia Boutique Hotel – Cannigione
What are the Best Hotels in Cagliari ?
This is the capital city of Sardinia and known for its medieval beauty. You’ll find here a 13th century cathedral, castle and ancient city walls on the hill. You’ll enjoy divine views from the hilltop and the archaeological museum should be a hit with adults and kid of all ages, boasting exhibits like bronze artefacts and Roman ceramics,as well as relics from all ages showing how the people of the city once lived.
- Palazzo Doglio – Luxury
- Hotel Regina Margherita – Superior
- T Hotel – Great Value
- Hotel Villa Fanny – Top Rated
What’s the Top Accommodation in Olbia ?
This coastal city is the ideal place for a relaxing stay. You can visit the medieval San Simplicio basilica, or relax with a drink at the outdoor cafes that line the lively town square. Stroll along the waterfront, lined with swaying palm trees, and visit the archaeological museum with its replica Roman warships. There’s so much here to keep the whole family entertained.
Finest Hotels in Olbia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Olbia – Sardinia – Very Popular
- Essenza Hotel – 4 Star
- Hotel For You – Good Value
What are the Best Hotels in Porto Cervo ?
This idyllic Italian seaside resort is simply beautiful. A playground for the rich and famous, here you can enjoy spotting the mega yachts in the glamorous marina. You can play golf at the local club, or attend a wine tasting. You’ll also find restaurants serving delicious cuisine, a tiny beautiful church that sits on top of the hill, offering fantastic views for all visitors.
Outstanding Hotels in Porto Cervo
- Cala Di Volpe, a Luxury Collection Hotel – 5 Star
- Pitrizza, a Luxury Collection Hotel – 5 Star
- CPH | Pevero Hotel – Luxury
What’s the Top Accommodation in Alghero ?
This incredibly picturesque area resembles a medieval fort, and is located right on the sea. The old town features charming cobbled streets, as well as beautiful Gothic buildings like a cathedral with bell tower, a 14th century church and a museum where you can even see real coral on display. The town retains a unique and independent spirit, making it great for those seeking an authentic experience.
Best Properties in Alghero
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel & SPA – Luxury 5 Star
- Hotel Sa Cheya Relais & Spa – Superior
- Baia di Conte – Deluxe
What are the Top Properties in Villasimius ?
This coastal town lies in the sun-drenched south of Sardinia. There are seagrass meadows, dive sites and a stunning lagoon where you can even see migrating flamingos in the winter. The beach boasts beautiful white sands and azure blue waters. You can even take in all of the views from the imposing 16th century watch tower.
Luxury Hotels in Villasimius
- Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna – 5 Star Hotel
- Falkensteiner Resort Capo Boi – Luxury
- Aras Hotel Boutique – Good Value / Affordable
What are the Best Hotels in San Teodoro ?
On the east coast of the island, this resort is the ideal place to bring your family, with it’s child-friendly shallow waters and accompanying white sand beaches. This town also boasts a beautiful lagoon where you can see flamboyant flamingos, and the local museum focuses on displays of ceramic art.
- Due Lune Resort Golf & Spa – Superior
- MOLAROTTO CAMERE CON ANGOLO COTTURA – Aparthotel
- Il Viandante – Good Value / Affordable