Last updated on June 24th, 2023
The Cinque Terre, meaning ‘five lands’ is a coastal region in the beautiful region of Liguria, North West Italy. The five villages; Vernazza, Monterosso al Mare, Riomaggiore, Manarola, and Corniglia lie amongst a network of cliff tops and hillsides which form part of the Cinque Terre National Park.
This truly wondrous landscape has many fantastic luxury hotels with spectacular views overlooking glorious beaches by the sea.
If one can ever grow tired of gazing at the stunning view, then walk the famous ‘Sentiero Azzurro’ a famous hiking trail which connects the five villages of the Cinque Terre. Check out the best areas to stay in Cinque Terre Italy.
Our Recommended Hotels in Cinque Terre
- Best 5 Star Hotel near Cinque Terre
Grand Hotel Portovenere (nearest five star hotel)
- Best 5 Hotel in Santa Margherita Ligure (1 hour from Cinque Terre)
Grand Hotel Miramare
- Best 4 Star Deluxe Hotel in Cinque Terre
Hotel Porto Roca
- Best Hotel in La Spezia (Gateway to Cinque Terre)
The Poet Hotel
- Best Guest House in Cinque Terre
Stellio Affittacamere – Guest House (4 Star)
What are the Best Hotels in Cinque Terre?
1. Hotel Porto Roca ★★★★ (Monterosso al Mare)
2. MaDa Charm Apartments Terrace&Carugio ★★★★ (Vernazza)
3. Stella Della Marina ★★★ (Monterosso al Mare)
4. Meb ★★★ (Riomaggiore)
5. Stellio Affittacamere – Guest House ★★★★ (Riomaggiore)
6. Crêuza de Mä ★★★★ (Riomaggiore)
7. La Polena Camere Vernazza – Suite vista mare ★★★ (Vernazza)
8. MìaChì ★★★ (Monterosso al Mare)
9. Cinqueterre Residence ★★★★ (Riomaggiore)
10. Da Vice Rooms ★★★ (Monterosso al Mare)
11. Santa Marta Rooms – Via Del Santo 25 ★★★ (Vernazza)
12. La Torretta Lodge ★★★★ (Manarola)
13. Hotel Marina Piccola ★★★ (Manarola)
What are the Best Hotels just Outside Cinque Terre?
1. Grand Hotel Portovenere ★★★★★ (Portovenere)
2. Park Hotel Argento ★★★★ (Levanto)
3. Hotel Al Terra Di Mare ★★★★ (Levanto)
4. Abbadia San Giorgio (Moneglia)
What are the Villages of Cinque Terre in Italy?
The Cinque Terre villages (Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, Riomaggiore) are one of the most popular tourist attractions in Italy because of their unique blend of seaside resorts and hiking trails, featuring picturesque hill top olive trees, and vineyards. The summertime is extremely popular with tourists so you must make sure you reserve accommodation in advance or run the risk of being disappointed.
The nearest airports are Cristoforo Colombo International Airport (GOA) in Genoa and the Galileo Galilei International airport (PSA) in Pisa. The villages are served by a good rail service which departs from Genoa and runs through all the villages before going on to Rome. Cars are not permitted in most of the villages however there are bus tours which are ideal for site seeing and visiting each of the five villages.
Top Accommodation in Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, Riomaggiore and Monterosso al Mare
What are the Best Beach Hotels in Cinque Terre?
The Cinque Terre is home to some of the best beaches in all of Italy. Blessed with golden and white sands safe for swimming and water sports; snorkelling and surfing, and well serviced with nearby cafes, bars and restaurants. The beaches are very busy in the summer months and many people come to enjoy the tranquil waters and stunning views.
One of the quieter beaches is the Guvano beach near Corniglia. This public beach is a nudist beach and is normally much less populated. Monterosso beach is long and sandy and has umbrellas and chairs for hire. The promenade has a fine variety of restaurants, bars and ice-cream shops. The beach is close to the train station in Monterosso.
Finest Beach Hotels
Villages near Cinque Terre
Levanto, Portovenere and Moneglia are very popular Italian tourist villages. Indeed, Portovenere has good hiking and you can take a boat to the Cinque Terre to continue your tour of the region.
The Riviera town of Levanto is on the coast and is quieter than the Cinque Terre, a good place to stop and recharge your energy from the hustle and bustle. Levanto has a medieval centre, and the beach is renowned for swimming, kayaking, and surfing.
Moneglia is also a quiet little village, slightly off the beaten tourist track. The village has Several historic buildings such as the church of Santa Croce, and the Franciscan monastery San Giorgio and is highly regarded for its relaxed and unspoilt nature.