Last updated on January 02nd, 2023
Saint-Tropez shot to fame in the 1950s when Brigitte Bardot starred in Et Dieu Créa la Femme (And God Created Woman) (1956). What was once a peaceful village changed almost overnight into a trendy favourite of the jet-set as well as a holiday destination that combines romance with family friendliness.
For city-centre accommodation in St Tropez France, we recommend the Hotel Byblos or the Hôtel de Paris while Le Yaca is our pick of the boutique hotels. Check out our suggestions for hotels near the beach and in the Old Town as well.
Best Area to Stay in St Tropez For First Time Visit?
If this is your first visit to St Tropez France, you’ll want to make the most of everything the town has to offer. We suggest looking for a hotel in the Old Town. Then history, shopping, nightlife, countryside and the beaches are all within easy reach.
What are The Best (Luxury) Hotels in Saint Tropez?
1. Hotel Byblos Saint-Tropez ★★★★★ (City Centre)
2. Hôtel de Paris Saint-Tropez ★★★★★ (Luxury)
St Tropez Old Town
3. Château de la Messardière ★★★★★ (Top Hotel)
4. Althoff Hotel Villa Belrose ★★★★★ (Panoramic Views)
St Tropez Coastline
5. MUSE Saint Tropez – Small Luxury Hotels of the World ★★★★★ (Top)
6. Kube Saint-Tropez ★★★★★ (Resort)
St Tropez Harbor, 9 min. from Kube Hotel
7. La Bastide des Salins ★★★★ (Great Value)
8. Hotel Villa Cosy (Spa & Wellness)
9. Le Pre de la Mer ★★★★ (Near Beach)
St Tropez Port, 10 min. from Le Pre de la Mer
What are The Best Boutique Hotels in St Tropez?
1. Hotel de la Ponche – Esprit de France ★★★★★ (Top)
St Tropez Old Town
2. Pan Dei Palais (City Centre)
St Tropez Bell Tower
3. Mas De Chastelas ★★★★★ (Near Beach)
4. Le Yaca ★★★★★ (City Centre)
Citadel of Saint-Tropez, 4 min. on foot
What’s the Best Hotel with Spa & Pool?
1. Sezz Saint-Tropez ★★★★★ (Luxury)
What’s the Best Beach Hotel in St Tropez?
1. Epi 1959 (Small Hotel)
What’s the Best Cheap or Affordable Hotel in St Tropez France?
1. Hotel des Lices ★★★★ (Affordable)
Colorful street in Saint-Tropez
Great Value Hotels in City Centre and Old Town
St Tropez is a holiday spot on the French Riviera with a sexy image that also welcomes families. In the Vieux Port of the Old Town, millionaire yachts fight over mooring spaces so this is definitely a place to spend an hour or two window-shopping for your next boat!
The fishing quarter of the Old Town is a peaceful haven of cobbled streets where you can watch the locals playing petanque as you sip a morning coffee or beer in Place des Lices. Attractions in the Old Town include the Citadelle de Saint-Tropez, an early 17th-century fort with splendid views and the Baroque church.
Splurge on the designer shops in the city centre and dine in restaurants that cover everything from gourmet pizzas to Michelin-star quality. Be sure to try the Tarte Tropézienne, a local pastry invented in the 1950s by Alexandre Micka, a Polish chef working in St Tropez.
Good Value Accommodation
- The Pantheon Iconic Rome Hotel, Autograph Collection – Luxury
- Singer Palace Hotel – Top Luxury
- Palazzo Navona Hotel – Great Value
- Argentina Residenza Style Hotel – Great Value
St Tropez Beaches
Pampelonne Beach first hit the news following the D-Day landings of 1944. Since then it has become the number-one beach in town with a three-mile stretch of glorious sand and plenty of places to dine.
Plage de la Bouillabaisse is less crowded and less easy on the eye but it does offer spectacular views across the water to the mountains.
Plage des Salins lies next to Pampelonne but is much wilder and at one with nature. There’s a wonderful restaurant here that sits on stilts and serves freshly caught fish and seafood as well as Provençal cuisine.
Les Jumeaux is definitely a family-friendly choice with its playground and cafes. For the more sophisticated, there are art installations and a touch of Parisian chic in the atmosphere.
Finest Accommodation near the beach
- Hotel de la Ponche – Esprit de France – Top Luxury
- Le Mouillage – Good Value
- Villa Madeleine – Luxury Villa Pampelonne Beach
What are the Best Beach Clubs (Nikki Beach and Club 55) in St Tropez?
At trendy Nikki Beach, you’re almost guaranteed to rub shoulders with celebrities. It’s located on Pampelonne Beach on the French Côte d’Azur but there’s also a swimming pool surrounded with plush oversized sunbeds. DJs play the latest sounds all day, so hit the dance floor or simply sip champagne before dining al fresco.
Since opening its doors back in 1955, Club 55 has become a legend. It’s where celebrities and wannabe celebrities hang out during the summer months. You don’t have to be rich, to enjoy its charms, everyone is treated like a friend at this casual beach club. You can even do a spot of shopping in its own beach ‘Bazaar’.
Outstanding Hotels near Beach Clubs
- Villa Cocoa – Luxury 5 Star Villa
- La Ferme D’Augustin – Good Value
- Sas Robrecht – Campsite Pampelonne Beach
St Tropez, France
Popular in / near Saint Tropez, France
The Best Accommodation in France