Stay within Walking Distance
Liverpool ferry port is one of the UK’s major ports for both passengers and freight transportation. This port is located on the North West coast of England and covers both sides of the River Mersey.
The area around the ferry terminal boasts some of the best Liverpool hotels. The accommodation here ensures travelers will be offered the best possible deal at the time of your visit, whether you require luxury hotels or budget hotels. Guests will be treated to first-class meals at the in-house restaurant, and they will be offered exceptional amenities as they enjoy breathtaking views of the River Mersey.
Cheap hotel and other accommodation is available within easy reach of all ferry terminals, which are located in Bootle, Brikenhead and at Pier Head in Liverpool city centre.
SPECIAL DEALS – SAVE ON ACCOMMODATION
Book Best Accommodation
L3 4AD, Liverpool, Britannia Pavillion, Albert Dock
Opposite M&S Bank Arena, Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert... read more
L3 4DE, Liverpool, 36-42 Chaloner Street, Queens Dock
The Dolby Hotel Liverpool - Free city centre... read more
L2 2HJ, Liverpool, 67 Dale Street
ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale St is set... read more
L2 6RE, Liverpool, 10 Mathew Street
Set in Liverpool, a few steps from The... read more
Where to Stay near Liverpool Ferry Port?
The Port of Liverpool is well connected with Dublin Port in Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the rest of the country by offering several crossings each day. The port features numerous terminals such as P&O Ferries Terminal, Isle of Man Steam Packet from Liverpool Landing Stage Terminal, and 12 Quays Terminal in Birkenhead.
The best hotels to consider are the ones in Liverpool city centre close to Pier Head or in Birkenhead when taking a Stena Line ferry.
Here are some of the best options:
– The Riverhill is a privately-owned hotel where you are always assured of a warm welcome. It is built on lush green grounds in a quiet residential area, as well as connected to public transport for you to easily reach Liverpool city center. It is also just five minutes away from to the Birkenhead Tunnel. All rooms have en-suite facilities, are decorated and furnished in the highest standards. The in-house restaurant is very popular and updates its menus regularly. So guests can expect to choose from a wide variety of freshly cooked meals.
– Conveniently located, next to the iconic Royal Liver Building and near to River Mersey, this award-winning hotel offers guests world-class service. It is just 0.8 miles from the renowned Albert Dock. Since its construction in 1998, the Crowne Plaza hotel has clean, modern rooms and feature numerous leisure facilities for you to have a relaxing, pleasant stay. The staff is professional and very friendly. The restaurant here serves a wide range of modern and international dishes in a serene atmosphere.
– Located 0.31 miles from Liverpool Shopping Centre and 15 minutes away from Lime Street Railway Station Heeton Concept Hotel is a getaway to major Liverpool’s attractions. This affordable hotel features 154 modern, spacious bedrooms. The restaurant at Heeton opens 24 hours and serves traditional British cuisine, which you can sample as you view River Mersey. The bar offers drinks and light snacks. Full English, continental, meals are available every day, making this hotel the ideal accommodation for travelers interested in British culture, history, and cuisine.
What are Liverpool Ferry Terminals?
Liverpool is famous for its association with the Beatles band and its unique shopping destinations. But the Liverpool Ferry port is a sight to behold when ships dock. Liverpool Ferry Port is located in a welcoming neighborhood well known for its excellent selection of restaurants.
1. P&O Ferries terminal: This terminal operates from Gladstone docks in Liverpool Freeport, and it’s used by P&O Ferries Company. The ferries leave from this terminal for Dublin, Irelands’ capital city, connecting the two stunning cities. The terminal is used for both passenger and vehicle transportation.
2. Isle of Man Steam Packet from Liverpool Landing Stage Terminal: this terminal is used by the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company, which operates fast ferry crossing from the Landing Stage terminal near the Pier Head to Douglas, Isle of Man. The terminal is used for both passenger and cargo transportation.
How to get to Liverpool ferry port?
You can get to Liverpool Ferry Port by either car, train, or bus. By car, follow A565 from Liverpool City Center and head towards Bootle. Then follow the sign Liverpool Free port. If driving from other sections in Liverpool, use route M57 or route M58 and follow the signs written “All Docks” on route A5036. Continue driving on A5036 for approximately two miles until you reach the roundabout joining to a flyover and follow signs for written Crosby/Liverpool Freeport.
Frequent express trains depart from London’s Euston Station for Liverpool. There are also regular train services from Manchester, which is just a 45-minute ride away. Once at Liverpool city center, take a train at Liverpool Lime Street station and arrive at the Landing Stage (for ferries to the Isle of Man).
If you prefer traveling by bus to reach Liverpool ferry port. Board a bus at Norton Street Bus or Coach Station to arrive at Liverpool Lime Street Railway Station. The travel time by bus is at least 60 minutes.
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links. This means that I will earn an affiliate commission for any bookings you make. It costs nothing extra to you and to the best of my knowledge this never affects the price you pay for any hotel reservation, tours, tickets, activities & things to do.
Note: Hotel information on this page represents the hotel as best as possible at the time of publication. Please check booking.com for latest and updated hotel information. We cannot be held responsible for any incorrect or misleading information.
- Finest Hotels in Liverpool
- Accommodation Goodison Park Stadium
- Hotels near Anfield Stadium
- Budget Friendly Hotels
- Hotels with Spa in Liverpool
- Boutique & Luxury Hotels
- Liverpool Best Hotel Apartments
- Cheapest Deals in Liverpool